Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Port Life - Fall 2014




The bright and shiny days of summer inevitably shorten. The days of lounging in the cockpit enjoying the sun would soon go away and we would be faced with the slowly fading days of fall.

After we settled in to the "new" boat, we began to settle in to the rigmarole of living life. Dovid had his income so I had to find mine. I ended up spending a lot of time looking for a job so that we could make ends meet.

Days were spent at the Workforce office using their computers to job hunt. I finally found a gig within walking distance and we settled into a routine that ended up lasting THREE YEARS. O_O

One thing that came out of the trips to the Workforce office: I found out the local community college had a MARITIME program. I began the process of applying for financial aid and prepared to learn more about navigation and spend some time on the Columbia River

Stay tuned for more about the school days next week. ^_^


Thanks for reading!
~ Niccolea




Check out our main website and our YouTube channel when you get a chance. ^_^





saul night 1 - edited and cropped
Hi! My name is Niccolea Miouo Nance.  I am a poet, artist, amateur fire-spinner, and soon to be world traveler via sailboat. I love learning new things and challenging myself (hence this project). Above all else, I love to enjoy life and be spontaneous.

Below are links to press regarding the sailing trip around the world. Plus, a local Portland, OR TV station may pick it up as well. Stay tuned!

Black Poet Readies to Make History as First African American Woman to Sail Around the World - https://lockerdome.com/7759088872341313/8375857752317972
 .
me on the school ship x


No comments:

Post a Comment