Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Port Life - Winter 2014



The chill of fall got inevitably more harsh as the year came to a close. We were about to spend our first winter aboard the boat.

We prepared as best we could with extra blankets and two space heaters. Those wouldn't help any against the gusting winds of winter storms that rattled the boat around many an evening.

Every morning at 5am, I had to brave the wind and cold on my walk to work. It was grueling some days, but I survived.

We were fortunate that my first winter in Oregon happened to also be one of the mildest that they had in years. My Arizona acclimated blood might not have lasted otherwise, I bet!




Thanks for reading!
~ Niccolea



Check out our main website and our YouTube channel when you get a chance. ^_^





saul night 1 - edited and cropped
Hi! My name is Niccolea Miouo Nance.  I am a poet, artist, amateur fire-spinner, and soon to be world traveler via sailboat. I love learning new things and challenging myself (hence this project). Above all else, I love to enjoy life and be spontaneous.

Below are links to press regarding the sailing trip around the world. Plus, a local Portland, OR TV station may pick it up as well. Stay tuned!

Black Poet Readies to Make History as First African American Woman to Sail Around the World - https://lockerdome.com/7759088872341313/8375857752317972
 .
Everyday People: Astorian hopes to make history sailing the world - http://www.dailyastorian.com/Everyday_People/20160502/everyday-people-astorian-hopes-to-make-history-sailing-the-world
me on the school ship x

No comments:

Post a Comment